Solved

CDC Postgres UUID to SQL Servers uniqueidentifier

• 9 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
  • Known Participant
  • 12 replies

Hi all, I’m trying to set up a CDC from Postgres(GCP Cloud SQL if it makes any difference) of a table with a UUID column to a SQL Server table with uniqueidentifier column. The wizard says it’s not possible. I’ve tried mapping the tables manually, but all the rows end up being discarded. Is there any way to make it work? Similar migration in the opposite direction works. 

icon

Best answer by john 9 October 2023, 18:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi! Are you using UUID types in your PostgreSQL database? UUID types are currently not supported in Striim’s PostgreSQL reader. We can raise this as a product request if this type is critical for you.

Badge +1

yes, I’m using the UUID type on the Postgres side. and yes, can you raise a product request?

Badge +1

It seemed to fail even if I used VARCHAR in Postgres and tried to migrate the data to SQL Server uniqueidentifier column. In this case I was able to set up the application, but all rows were discarded at runtime. Sadly in our setup I don’t have access to the striim.server.log logs ...

If all rows are getting discarded, then it could be a due to incorrect mapping. Can you please check tables property to see if the mapping is specified correctly. Also check if the table name is specified in right case.

Badge +1

I’ve created a simple test tables with only single columns, it still didn’t work🤷 Is there any way for us to track the progress of the product request?

and just to be sure: could Transformers/Continuous Queries potentially help us here?